Monday, July 28, 2008

Is Live going free?



Recently Live for Windows has become a free service. This is great because no PC gamer is gonna pay money to pay games online (minus the 10 million people playing WoW of course). This news really didn't mean that much to me because I don't play any games that work with Live for Windows.


But wait there's more!


This morning a post went up on Kotaku saying that all the games that are free for windows users are now free on XBox live as well. Read the story here. Now this is becoming more interesting to me because I have a feeling that this is leading up to Live becoming totally free.


If live was a free cross platform (360-PC) gaming service then I would take notice and become excited. I have friends that are xbox gamers and I would love to be able to play with them. I would even consider buying a 360 if I didn't have to pay to play with my friends on it.


So my guess is that in a year from now Live will be free for everyone.


Game on people!

No comments: